Please apply by Thursday, March 23, 2018 at 4:00 PM
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Grain Farmers of Ontario is seeking a communications assistant who is a self-starter and enthusiastic about the agricultural industry. This role is very much that of an ambassador – representing Grain Farmers of Ontario at various events throughout the summer and fall of 2018 as part of our Grain Discovery Zone program.
The successful candidate will be responsible for
- Coordinating Grain Farmers of Ontario’s presence at fairs/events across the province with the Grain Discovery Zone.
- Planning the logistics
- Coordinating with the venues
- Set-up, tear-down, and maintenance of the exhibit
- Interacting and educating visitors to the exhibit on the many benefits grain farming brings to Ontario.
- Social media communications, including blog posts, Twitter, and Facebook updates as the successful candidate travels throughout the province promoting grain farming.
- Generating story content for the blog and other social media sites.
- A motivated self-starter with creative energy and proven initiative
- An enthusiastic, outgoing communicator equipped to promote the importance of Ontario’s grain industry
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience using social media (Facebook, Twitter, blogs)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Basic knowledge of the agricultural industry
- Has a class G class driver’s license and has experience driving a large truck with a trailer
Hours of work:
Full Time 40 hours per week (what days are worked in a week varies based on event schedule; a typical work week could be Thursday-Monday)
8 Months (April – November)
Thursday, March 23, 2018 at 4:00 PM
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter to HR@gfo.ca. Grain Farmers of Ontario is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process. All resume information is received in confidence. While we appreciate and thank all applicants, we will only directly contact those candidates selected for an interview.
Grain Farmers of Ontario is the province’s largest commodity organization, representing Ontario’s 28,000 barley, corn, oat, soybean and wheat farmers. The crops they grow cover 6 million acres of farm land across the province, generate over $2.5 billion in farm gate receipts, result in over $9 billion in economic output and are responsible for over 40,000 jobs in the province.