Grain Farmers of Ontario is looking for an organized individual who loves coordinating projects to fill our Agronomy Project Coordinator role. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with a strong sense of ownership, and dedication. They will be highly organized, have experience with project coordination, ideally in an agricultural setting, and have the ability to easily adapt to change. If this describes you, we invite you to apply for Grain Farmers of Ontario’s Agronomy Project Coordinator.
The Agronomy Project Coordinator plays a key role in the efficient and effective execution of Grain Farmers of Ontario’s Agronomy initiatives. As part of the Agronomy team, you will organize and communicate details related to a specific assignment while managing the day-to-day activities of agronomy projects. You will work closely with the Sr. Agronomist to prepare comprehensive action plans, including resources, and timeframes for projects, and perform various coordinating tasks.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the assigned project
- Work with the Sr. Agronomist to create project plans that meet the needs of specific projects.
- Manage project schedules and deliverables to ensure the project runs smoothly and is completed on time and on budget
- Ensure necessary documentation is maintained and appropriately shared throughout the length of the project
- Communicate plans, actions, risks, and issues to key stakeholders
- Proactively manage project risks and collaborate with the Sr. Agronomist to solve any issues
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with other departments to generate appropriate project-related member communications including articles, interviews, promotions, etc.
- Plan and execute project wrap-up meetings to ensure all stakeholders are informed and a post-mortem can be completed to inform the efficiency and effectiveness of future projects
- Present relevant project information to internal and external stakeholders as needed
- Collaborate with the research team to plan and execute related events
What you will Bring
- College or University degree in Agricultural business management or Ag related degree with project coordination experience
- 1–3-year experience in a role requiring project coordination and leadership
- Knowledge in crop management is an asset
- A self-starter attitude with a strong sense of ownership, dedication, and a proactive mindset
- Highly organized, detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver on deadlines
- Strong Communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills to effectively liaise with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong written and oral communication skills including concisely presenting information to a variety of audiences
What we offer
Grain Farmers of Ontario is a team of passionate, hardworking people focused on teamwork and collaboration to bring the greatest value to our farmer-members. We offer a competitive salary and a robust benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, and a group retirement program with an employer contribution. We also offer paid sick days, and competitive vacation. We value supporting our team members to reach their full potential by offering every employee the opportunity for learning and development through our development-focused performance management system. We also like to have a little fun! We have an active social committee providing fun and interesting social events.
About Grain Farmers of Ontario
Grain Farmers of Ontario is the province’s largest commodity organization, representing Ontario’s 28,000 barley, corn, oat, soybean and wheat farmers. The crops they grow cover 6 million acres of farm land across the province, generate over $4.1 billion in farm gate receipts, result in over $18 billion in economic output and are responsible for over 75,000 jobs in the province.
Grain Farmers of Ontario is an organization that values teamwork, honesty, integrity, kindness and work ethic. We pride ourselves on our team atmosphere, and we all work together to create a business atmosphere that allows for the highest returns for our farmer-members.
Visit the Grain Farmers of Ontario Career Center to apply. Submissions must be in the form of a resume with an accompanying cover letter detailing your experience and qualifications relative to the position. Applications without a cover letter listing detailed information regarding relevant qualifications and experience will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered.
Location: Guelph, ON
Hours of work: Full Time (Monday-Friday, 35 hours/week)
Application Deadline: Sunday August 14, 2022 @ 11:59 pm
Grain Farmers of Ontario is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process. All resume information is received in confidence. While we appreciate and thank all applicants, we will only directly contact those candidates selected for an interview