Are you a highly motivated individual who thrives on getting every detail right, making sure there is consistency across all digital properties, and managing your company website? Do you have experience with WordPress customization, HTML, SEO, and SEM? If this describes you, you may be the one for Grain Farmer of Ontario’s Digital Coordinator.
The Digital Coordinator plays an important role in delivering agricultural messaging to producers, industry and consumers through managing the organization’s overall online presence. The Web and Digital Coordinator should have a firm grasp of the different digital touch points, drive effective digital campaigns, enhance user experience, and deliver on digital objectives. They will work alongside the communications team to manage and direct the activities and traffic on websites owned by Grain Farmers of Ontario as well as manage our social channels.
What we offer
Grain Farmers of Ontario offers Competitive salary, full benefits, and a group retirement program with company contributions. We also offer a collaborative, team environment with the opportunity for learning and development as well as an active social committee that plans fun and interesting social events.
- Ensure Grain Farmers of Ontario’s websites perform at optimal capacity
- Update & manage web content; maintain current and correct information on multiple websites and review daily for continuity, consistency and bugs
- Ensure all items on website follow AODA accessibility requirements
- Track and report on web and social analytics and provide insight and recommendations based on reports
- Manage setup and scheduling/hosting of webinars for various teams
- Execute clear, concise brand messaging across all online platforms
- Maintain Grain Farmers of Ontario Apps – working with app vendors
- Improve and maintain Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Implement search engine marketing (SEM) strategies
- Post-secondary education (or equivalent experience) in fields related to website management or digital communications
- Experience managing and maintaining websites
- Experience with WordPress and HTML
- Web Quality Assurance, testing, troubleshooting and fixing any functionality issues
- Site analytics and reporting
- Experience in;
- SEO and SEM campaign tools (Google Adwords)
- Email marketing campaign software (MailChimp, Campayn)
- Social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- High attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills – Bilingualism (French/English) considered an asset
- Working conditions normal for an office environment.
- Willingness to work extended hours and evening as required – this role will require some travel and physical work setting up at events and helping at event exhibits
Location: Guelph, ON
Hours of work: Full Time (Monday-Friday, 35 hours/week)
Application Deadline: September 20, 2020 at 11:59pm
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter to HR@gfo.ca.
Submissions must be in the form of a resume with an accompanying cover letter detailing your experience and qualifications relative to the position. Applications without a cover letter listing detailed information regarding relevant qualifications and experience will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered.
About Grain Farmers of Ontario
Grain Farmers of Ontario is the province’s largest commodity organization, representing Ontario’s 28,000 barley, corn, oat, soybean and wheat farmers. The crops they grow cover 6 million acres of farm land across the province, generate over $2.5 billion in farm gate receipts, result in over $9 billion in economic output and are responsible for over 40,000 jobs in the province.
Grain Farmers of Ontario is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process. All resume information is received in confidence. While we appreciate and thank all applicants, we will only directly contact those candidates selected for an interview
This is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties may differ from those outlined above and other duties may be included as part of the job.