Posted: November 19, 2018
Deadline: December 7, 2018
As a senior member of the Grain Farmers of Ontario team, the Manager, Member Relations position plays an important role in facilitating the activities of Grain Farmers of Ontario through management of Delegates and alternates at the individual field level. This position will also raise the overall base knowledge of Grain Farmers of Ontario farmer-members throughout the province regarding the objectives of the organization ensuring an informed and active grain producer’s community.
As the key contact and resource for the grain producers this role will support the development of the organization at the county and provincial level. This position requires participation in meetings at the local level as well as the development and support of delegates and Directors. This position requires collaboration and assistance in the creation, development, implementation and continuation of dynamic programs designed to attract the attention and interest of farmer-members and the public. By answering questions, resolving issues and promoting Grain Farmers of Ontario , this position is fundamental to the success of the organization. This position will report to the CEO to update, seek guidance and obtain necessary approvals.
- Oversee and collaborate the execution of internal and external activities for Grain Farmers of Ontario as they relate to key point of contact for members, delegates, committee members and board of directors.
- Contributes to the effective communication with and education of delegates, members and Directors of Grain Farmers of Ontario .
- Facilitate and develop member service improvement opportunities for delegates, Directors and producers.
- Facilitate the recruitment process of delegates and assist in identifying delegates for advisory committees.
- Provide meeting resource support for staff and delegates at county meetings, workshops and other Grain Farmers of Ontario public functions including coordination of workshops for professional development.
- Be the liaison between county level projects and broader projects of Grain Farmers of Ontario.
- Ensure Grain Farmers of Ontario message is incorporated into county level events.
- Plan and coordinate activities that lead to improved understanding of and participation in Grain Farmers of Ontario democratic member control.
- Provide information to delegates/Directors as necessary to conduct activities at the district level that facilitate farm policy formation, understanding and promotion.
- Enable delegates in the representation of Grain Farmers of Ontario pool at the district and provincial level on committees and other organizations.
- Provide issues-based information to the Grain Farmers of Ontario Manager, Communications to facilitate the writing of articles for the magazine and other informational pieces that are relevant and add value.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- College or University education in Agriculture, Marketing or related field
- Experience within the agricultural industry
- 2-3 years’ experience in a related role
- Highly organized with great attention to detail
- Proven project and administration management skills
- Proven networking capabilities
- Sound judgment, integrity in all actions, critical thinking skills
- Good understanding of the Ontario agricultural industry
- High level of proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and the Internet
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills – Bilingualism (French/English) considered an asset
- Previous experience planning, managing and organizing large events and projects
- Ability to produce a high level of customer service, and expertise in dealing with challenging customers
- Capacity to work under pressure, with tight deadlines and in stressful situations
- Willingness to work extended hours and evening as required
- Capable work independently as well as part of a collaborative team
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to drive long distances
Please send your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.
Grain Farmers of Ontario is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process. All resume information is received in confidence. While we appreciate and thank all applicants, we will only directly contact those candidates selected for an interview.
Grain Farmers of Ontario is the province’s largest commodity organization, representing Ontario’s 28,000 barley, corn, oat, soybean and wheat farmers. The crops they grow cover 6 million acres of farm land across the province, generate over $2.5 billion in farm gate receipts, result in over $9 billion in economic output and are responsible for over 40,000 jobs in the province.