Grain Farmers of Ontario is looking for a highly organized self-starter to join our team as the Market Development Coordinator. The ideal candidate exudes enthusiasm for agriculture, loves to use the principals of project management to guide interesting projects, and is excited to learn about the marketing of agricultural products. An understanding of the grain handling system would be a great plus. If this describes you, we invite you to apply for Grain Farmers of Ontario’s Market Development Coordinator.
About Grain Farmers of Ontario
Grain Farmers of Ontario is an organization that values teamwork, honesty, integrity, kindness, and work ethic. We pride ourselves on our team atmosphere, and we all work together to create a business atmosphere that allows for the highest returns for our farmer-members.
What we offer
Grain Farmers of Ontario offers Competitive salary, group benefits, and a hybrid work environment. We also offer a collaborative, team environment with the opportunity for learning and development as well as an active social committee that plans fun and interesting social events.
Developing and expanding markets for Ontario barley, corn, oats, soybeans, and wheat is a long-term strategic initiative of Grain Farmers of Ontario. The Market Development Coordinator will facilitate the exchange of market development information, manage projects that support industry growth and build relationships with supply chain partners including grain elevators, processors, seed companies, universities, and government. This person will facilitate opportunities for grain farmers by contributing to the development of and implementing market development strategies and building relationships with industrial partners.
- Identify and support strategic opportunities for new grain industry development
- Develop and present recommendations that clearly articulate options, opportunities, and implications of potential strategic choices
- Research, analyze and evaluate market and business development opportunities
- Lead coordination of the Grain Farmers of Ontario Grains Innovation Fund, including annual fund launch, application intake period, committee review, project contracting process and project reporting process.
- Actively seek out new opportunities to partner with food, feed, and industrial users of Ontario corn, soybeans, and wheat.
- Collect, analyze, and present data, such as trade statistics and survey results, to develop insights on topics such as provincial grain quality, production levels and exports.
- Nurture and track relationships with grain processors, manufacturers, and related businesses
- Work with partners in industry and government to promote Ontario grains and their unique selling points in existing and potential export markets.
- Provide input into the content of GFO website and marketing materials as they relate to grain industry
- Organize and participate in key meetings with grain industry stakeholders and influencers.
- Attend events such as conferences, seminars, receptions, and exhibitions to create linkages and awareness.
- Facilitate exchange of market development information and build relationships between Ontario grains and oil seeds producers and supply chain partners including grain elevators, processors, seed companies, universities, and government
- Liaise and network with a range of stakeholders, e.g., industry stakeholders and partner organizations, shaping and championing the Ontario grain story through outreach, including over social media
What you will Bring
- University degree in Agriculture Business, Agriculture Marketing, or a related field.
- One to two years’ experience in agriculture, grains supply chain, market access or related role
- Strong practical understanding of the agricultural industry and the agricultural business landscape, including domestic and export markets
- Experience conducting market analysis for commodity products
- Knowledge of B2B marketing of agricultural products including an understanding of the grain handling system
- Analytical, and a problem solver with excellent communication and planning skills
- Experience working with project management principals to guide projects
- Excellent written and verbal skills. A strong sense of tone required for various audiences, strong attention to detail for presentations and written reports.
- It would be an asset if candidates could bring:
- Background in grain marketing,
- Direct knowledge of the Ontario grain handling system, infrastructure, and value chain,
- Econometric analysis experience,
- Knowledge provincial and federal government ministries, agencies, and committees, including funding programs would be an asset.
- Contribute positively to the team and professional atmosphere of the organization, upholding Grain Farmers of Ontario’s values (our farmer members, our community, our team, our results, our innovation, our honesty, and integrity).
- Must possess a Valid Ontario Driver’s License and have access to a vehicle
- Flexibility to travel (up to 15%) and willing to work outside of normal office hours when require
To apply for this role visit the Grain Farmers of Ontario Career Center
Submissions must be in the form of a resume with an accompanying cover letter detailing your experience and qualifications relative to the position. Applications without a cover letter listing detailed information regarding relevant qualifications and experience will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered.
Location: Guelph, ON
Hours of work: Full Time (Monday-Friday, 35 hours/week)
Length: 13 months (April 2024 – May 2025)
Grain Farmers of Ontario is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process. All resume information is received in confidence. While we appreciate and thank all applicants, we will only directly contact those candidates selected for an interview