Our goal is to ensure the economic sustainability of agriculture and the necessary products and benefits it supplies.
Trade War Fund to support farmers in non-supply managed sectors.
- Trade War Fund for grain and oilseed farmers who are suffering from global trade disputes and competition with farmers who are receiving government bailouts in Canada and the U.S.
- Implement long-term business risk management programming that shields grain farmers from price fluctuations beyond their control
Defend Markets and find new markets for grains and oilseeds
- Normalize commercial relationships with China
- Defend and invest in domestic processing and international grain markets
- Eliminate harmful tariffs including aluminum and steel tariffs.
Climate Change action that makes a difference using low carbon grain products
- Eliminate the carbon tax and implement a Clean Fuels Standard that recognizes the contribution of domestically produced corn ethanol and soy bio-diesel as low carbon alternatives to fossil fuels.