The spread of COVID-19 and the response from all levels of government is unprecedented. As more information is shared with the public, we want to update our farmer-members on how Grain Farmers of Ontario is responding to the situation.
Your Grain Farmers of Ontario team is fully functional and operational and will continue to work on your behalf throughout this pandemic.
We understand that human health and safety are paramount. Our team is also making sure that governments understand that it is vital to keep the supply chain for the food system running.
We are actively speaking with the provincial and federal governments to stay up to date and ensure that we are keeping the impact of their decisions on grain farmers and food security top of mind.
It’s important to share our personal stories of potential business and food security impact with our governments. If you have personal stories to share, please reach out via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many farmer-members are likely in conversation with their seed and input dealers and suppliers. These are not normal circumstances as you head into your planting season, and we urge our farmer-members to plan ahead as much as you can in terms of operations, production supplies, fuel, etc. This is not a time for panic or drastic measures, but it is a time to be prepared for unforeseeable shifts in the food system.
There will likely be some disruptions, but our governments understand the need to protect Canada’s, and Ontario’s, food security and are working with us to ensure the safe, healthy production of our crops and food.
Latest from Grain Farmers of Ontario
- Farmer-Member update on COVID-19
- Grain Farmers of Ontario Working with Governments to Ensure Food Security
- Grain Farmers of Ontario Urges Governments to Protect the Food Security During COVID-19 Crisis
Latest on what’s happening in Ontario
- Public Health Ontario
- Ontario Government
- Ontario enacts declaration of emergency to protect the public
Latest from the Federal Government
- Government of Canada COVID-19
- Government of Canada COVID-19: Resources for Canadian Businesses
- Government of Canada Travel Advisories
- COVID-19 Subscription for Public Health Updates
Other news and resources
- World Health Organization
- Canadian Agricultural Human Resource Council information and tips on COVID-19
- CDC Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employees
- Economic Development Canada FAQ’s: What Canadian Exporters need to know about COVID-19
- Resources from Canadian Federation of Agriculture
- Ontario Federation of Agriculture statement on food security during COVID-19
- CFIA Information on COVID-19
- CRA – Helping Canadians with the economic impact of COVID-19