There are a number of other questions that could be asked of precision ag providers, these are just a few to get you started.
- What is the main purpose of buying this software/hardware/equipment/ etc.? What are you hoping to gain from its use?
- Identify software already used on the farm–is it still useful, and will any new purchases be compatible, or will it be redundant?
- Will it fill all of the digital capabilities you currently need, as well as in the foreseeable future? What features are included in your subscription that are fully operational versus what will be available in the future or for an extra fee?
- What is the data security and policy of the program and what is the process to get the data from the software provider? Is data easily transferable between service providers?
- Is the software provider analyzing data based on Ontario created research and does it show value and accuracy?
- Does the product come with tech support to help with set-up, calibration, trouble shooting, etc.?